Limestone Community School opened its doors in Lawrence, Kansas in the fall of 2022 to provide our community with a reimagined school experience that honors childrens’ innate love of learning. Founded by a veteran educator with a passion for project-based learning and a music educator and professional musician, Limestone is a response to the need for an alternative school option.
Our educators build curriculum through intentional partnership with professionals of diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds to ensure the authentic view of the global majority. Limestone is a place that attracts the most passionate and innovative educators and provides an inspiring setting for students to immerse themselves in an imaginative and meaningful curriculum.
What You’ll Be Responsible For
- Teach multiple ages with fellow educators
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of curriculum and subject matter for grades K-2nd
- Work alongside a team to build a meaningful learning experience for students
- Build cross-curricular connections and authentic projects using student passions as a guide Create a psychologically secure as well as a stimulating environment in which students grow in both autonomy and the ability to collaborate with peers
- Take responsibility for maintaining an environment that fosters and models respect among students and colleagues
- Possess strong communication skills, a patient and thorough understanding of child development and the ability to effectively collaborate with colleagues
- Contribute to the culture of the school by attending one evening or weekend activity per semester
- Prior experience and enjoyment working with children
- Committed to serving ALL students
- Excited to learn new things while also sharing deep expertise from personal life experience
- Self-directed and comfortable working independently or in a team
- Able to take action in the face of uncertainty
- Values process-based authentic teaching/learning over perfectionism and willing to self-reflect
- Have U.S. work authorization
- Bachelors degree or equivalent desirable
- Teaching license or willingness to become a certified teacher with support
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Limestone Community School is committed to building a diverse founding team of educators. We welcome applicants of all races, gender identities, sexual orientations, and nationalities. If you identify with a traditionally or historically under-represented group in education, we especially encourage you to reach out.